The ForceField Subwoofers’ unique and attractive cabinet shape (with its non-parallel cabinet walls – the top is narrower than the bottom when viewed from the front) helps the ForceField subs achieve extraordinarily deep and tuneful bass that is ideal for music and movies. Their cutting-edge amplifier design employs state-of-the-art DSP control for frequency shaping so the subs produce accurate, consistent and musical bass performance.
The extraordinary ForceField 5 incorporates all the advanced technology and innovative concepts introduced in the ForceField 3 and 4 in a larger and even more powerful low-frequency beast. The ForceField 5 combines a long-throw 12″ subwoofer (which incorporates a huge high gauss magnet structure) driven by a GoldenEar-designed DSP-controlled 1500-Watt digital amplifier and pressure coupled to a downward-firing 12-3/4″ x 14-1/2″ quadratic planar infrasonic radiator.
Many of today’s subs fall into either the ultra-compact high-output category, or the (larger) high performance, extended response, high-output category. These two design types tend to offer different performance benefits, the ultra compact having the ability to play extremely loud, but over a narrower bandwidth and the large subs having this high output plus more extended response. GoldenEar’s engineering team set out to accomplish the best of both worlds with the new ForceField subwoofers: small size, yet with the smooth & wide response of a larger sub. There’s no sleight of hand, just great engineering.
- Custom-designed high-output drivers with very large motor assemblies. These drivers handle massive power, have very long excursions, and have ultra-low distortion.
- Rigid cabinets with non-parallel sides to minimize standing waves and distortion. The drivers are front firing in all of our subwoofers for optimal performance. The cabinets’ possess a unique and understated shape and style that matches well with any décor.
- The driver’s response is enhanced with a carefully tuned, down-firing, quadratic-shaped passive radiator (no noisy ports on ForceField subs). The quadratic shape allows the radiators to use maximum surface area on the bottom of the cabinets and gets even greater output from the slot-loading that results from the subwoofers’ interface with the floor (see next point).
- The soft, energy-absorbing feet provided with every ForceField sub serve a number of functions. First, they hold the sub the correct distance off the floor so the passive radiator slot-loads with it for significantly increased output at the lowest frequencies. Second, the soft feet keep the sub from dancing around on the floor.
- ForceField subwoofer amplifiers are designed in-house by GoldenEar engineering, so each is the perfect amp to power its specific subwoofer model. In addition the amps all have powerful DSP sections to optimize frequency response, minimize distortion and prevent damage from overdriving. These amplifiers are all low distortion and extraordinarily powerful (up to 1500 watts on the ForceField 5) for reproducing seriously high-output AND low bass.
- ForceField subs all have speaker-level inputs and outputs (with a high pass crossover on the outputs) as well as a direct LFE input, too.
- Dimensions (height with feet installed) 381mm W x 457mm D x 371.5mmH
- Weight 20.9 kg
- Frequency Response 12 Hz – 250 Hz
- Amplifier 1500 watt ForceField Digital Amplifier
- Driver Complement: One – 12˝ Long-Throw High-Output Bass Driver One – 13˝ x 15˝ Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiator
- Speaker Level High-Pass Filter 6 dB per octave at 150 Hz (approx.)
- Speaker Level Low-Pass Filter 12 dB per octave continuously variable from 40 – 150 Hz
- Low-Level Input (Mono) Unfiltered (no low-pass), direct coupled